RF & Microwave PCBs
TTM applications based approach provides innovative engineering and advanced process capabilities.
From defense/aerospace electronics, medical devices and imaging, or complex telecommunications equipment, TTM supports a wide range of frequency bands (L, S, C, X, Ku, K, Ka, V, W). We have extensive experience with a wide range of low loss laminates and a total of over 70 resin systems.
Our Field Applications Engineering team provides a long history of collaborative engineering support. Qualifications include MIL-PRF-31032, AS 9100, ITAR, IPC 6012 & IPC6018, NADCAP.
Our Capabilities Include:
Tight Etch Tolerances on Critical RF Features
+/- .0005" standard tolerance on etched features for unplated 0.5oz copper
- Selective plated up layers allowing +/- .0005" etch tolerances
- Exact registration/laser direct imaging
- Front to back registration of etched cores to +/-.001"
- Mixed Dielectric constructions
- Buried / Blind / Microvia
- Ormet interconnects
- Multilevel cavity constructions
- Optical mill / drill
- Laser routing
- Sequential lamination
- Formed PCB'S
- Plated edges
Back Drill for Precision Stub Removal
Mechanical back-drilling (Minimal stub)
- Laser drilling (No stub)
- Laser modified controlled depth drill (Mechanical drill followed by laser cleanup, no stub)
- Copper coins and slugs
- Metal Core & Metal Back
- Thermally conductive laminates
- Heatsink assembly department to laminate heatsink or interface plates to the circuit boards
- Planar Resistors
- Ohmega and Ticer
- Screened Ink Resistors
- On board circuit
- Embedded ferrites
- ENIG – electroless nickel, soft immersion gold – standard solder assemblies
- ENEPIG - electroless nickel, electroless palladium, immersion gold
- Hard and soft wirebondable gold
- Immersion silver
Assembly and Test
- RF assembly of connector, surface mount component, drop-in cavity components, hand and automated solder assembly options
- RF test center including 6 Network analyzers with combined frequency sweep coverage of 50MHz to 40GHz.
- Custom anechoic boxes for antenna measurements
- Switch matrix capability for multiple measurements between human interaction