Flex & Rigid-Flex Capabilities
Rigid-Flex circuitry provides a simple means to integrate multiple PCB assemblies and other elements such as display, input or storage devices without wires, cables or connectors, replacing them with thin, light composites that integrate wiring in ultra-thin, flexible ribbons between sections. In rigid-flex packaging, a flexible circuit substrate provides a backbone of wiring with rigid multilayer circuit sections built up as modules where needed.
Flex and Rigid-Flex applications also provide increased reliability. Mean time between failure rates (MTBF) typically exceed those of standard PCB sets with discrete wires and connectors, often becoming the choice of companies and engineers alike for its dependable and consistent performance.
TTM has extensive experience, product knowledge and technical competency in this area. Our products can be found in the satellites, multiple military aircraft types and missile platforms. Joint development work is also done routinely with NASA and related agencies, as well as many others in the space and aerospace community. TTM's Flex & Rigid-Flex expertise can also be found in various medical and health related test equipment, computing networks, and various scientific and industrial applications.
Rigid-Flex product types include:
- Type 1: Single sided flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (one conductive layer).
- Type 2: Double sided flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (two conductor layers) with plated through holes.
- Type 3: Multilayer flexible material with or without shield(s) or stiffener (more than two conductor layers) with plated through holes and HDI.
- Type 4: Multilayer rigid and flexible material combinations (more than two conductor layers) with plated through holes and HDI.
- Innovative Rigid-Flex Processes
- Premium Material Sets
- Rigid-Flex with HDI
- Loose Leaf Construction
- Oversized Panels
- Layer counts to 40+
- Heat Sink Application
Internal Quality Standards that often exceed the requirements of IPC-6013, MIL-PRF-31032 and MIL-P-50884 for registration, hole quality and overall reliability.
NAFI / UHD Backplane